Saturday, October 18, 2014

Slowly But Shurely





57 inches CAT and ZACK


We are on a mission to find something better.
I've been looking for the mother lode. What I’m finding is fish that are moving around. Holes are holding fish for ½ a tide. Then they disappear.
We are catching a few fish but with over sized fish and shakers it leads me to believe the fish we are catching are mostly resident sturgeon. These are fish that don't move much and hang out or don't migrate.
The tides are changing and with bigger tides and water movement next week, we should be able to whack a few.
  We have been doing allot of scouting. Some of the locations we have been searching you may know or are familiar with.

  The Pump also referred to as Mallard Island Ferry. Most GPS have a tide or current mark there. That’s been the most consistent place I’m seeing fish. They like current and the fish we are seeing seem to be in smaller groups.

Chain Island has shown some fish. We have spent mostly incoming tides there and have caught shakers and over sized sturgeon there.

Roe and Ryer got a look and produced shakers.  We saw allot of jumpers there.

This week we gave the horse shoe a shot and managed to get a nice keeper sturgeon there.
  I’m still on the hunt and I’m feeling optimistic about the coming week 10/23

Fisherman  refer to places to fish as SPOTS. I prefer to call them locations. I never really drop on a spot. I scan the area and anchor in a strategic location . Usually down stream of feeding or what look like feeding sturgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment