Sunday, January 19, 2014

Its been a long time.






  It has been a long time I had some issues with logging into my blog but all is good now.
  THE BOAT:   We managed to get the BARBARIAN II on the water and I am impressed with its sturgeon catching abilities. Its a great platform for fishing on anchor . The electronics are finally complete, boasting a CHIRP fish finder and fully complete chart plotter with yet another 1000 w transducer and fish finder Radar and radar/chart overlay. I'm satisfied, and finding fish has not been an issue . We see it all under the boat and around the boat.
  We started off in mid October fishing sturgeon out of Mcavoy's in West Pittsburgh. It is a funky little harbor that worked out great. We had NO issues with the lovely people at Mcavoy's. I wish I could have stayed but we had a need to get down to San Pablo Bay for some shallow water sturgeon fishing.
  WE ARE CURRENTLY FISHING OUT OF THE MARTINEZ MARINA.
This has posed some tidal issues . This means that our sturgeon trips need to be a little more calculated because of the lo water conditions at Martinez.

THE CREW: I have been blessed with some great deckhands. Not everybody can handle the the deck. Being a deck hand may seem fun but easy, no no.
  Currently I'm fishing with ,licensed captain ,Shawn Taylor and if Shawn cant make it David Washington is ready and very capable . Josh will be there every chance he gets. Josh is currently attending the Maritime Academy in Vallejo and doesn't have much time. 
  I want to get these guys comfortable enough to work the boat alone or without me. Opening up some weekends for me and willing passengers. Soon!

I had James Townsend on my boat 2 weeks ago. James is a fellow 6 PAC captain . I have known James for 20 years and  never really had the chance to fish with him. He fished with me for 2 days and I feel all warm inside knowing I have yet another guy I can call a friend.
  James did some video for us . This is a day in San Pablo Bay. I think James did an excellent job of capturing our experience. Thanks James!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=30BtiSCx3Y0&feature=youtu.be&rdm=zhmc4j4&client=mv-google&layout=mobile

If you have some time check out the Diamond classic see the web page. It may not say but I am on the panel of professionals for the seminar on Friday January 24th .

http://www.diamondclassic.org/







1 comment:

  1. Those look like some great catches! My friend and I want to get a fishing boat. I think that we might get one from http://www.lsklebanon.com/ . What do you think of them?

    ReplyDelete