Saturday, August 24, 2013

Slowly but Surely




  It’s been a while since we have updated our BLOG.
I sold my boat, the BARBARIAN, in February of 2013. It was tough to see her go. I got a good price.
While looking for a new vessel I needed to take a few things into consideration.
 In any business customers are a major concern.   We needed a stand up head and comfort for all six passengers.  I wanted a boat that would be comfortable while we are running and enough enclosed cabin to keep everybody warm and cozy while we are fishing.
  I found what I think will be a great platform for fishing.  Our new 32 foot JC Casco Bay has an 11 foot beam. This boat is well known on the east coast as a sturdy work boat and charter.  This boat is a lobster boat, powered by a 375 horsepower Caterpillar 3208T diesel engine.
  Have you seen WICKED Tuna?  These boats are typically called Down-easter boats and are known for punching through swells and chop.  So far I have seen it do all of that and right now I am pretty confident with the hull design.  The deck is a little wet when sitting sideways drifting. The wet deck keeps the deck clean and the big water tight hatches keep the motor dry.
  I’m still getting allot of calls and I almost got a trip off. But after a small run on, Thursday 8/22/2013, I found a few leaky pump seals that needed some attention. Rather than take any risk I opted to pull the pumps and have them rebuilt.  I’m having some prop work done and the railing on the roof is almost ready for installation. I’m very close.
I will put up some dates on My blog and Faceboo 
k when I’m ready to run some trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment