Thursday, February 9, 2012


Halibut Fever!

 I got it!

Well the transition back to work has gone ok. I’m back on my normal work schedule.  WEEKENDS are out for the time being. WENDSDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY ARE THE ONLY DAYS I FISH.  Sorry!

   I’m predicting an early halibut season this year. With the lack of rain and lots of clean San Francisco bay water, the chances are great that we may be successful before mid-March.  The herring spawn was good the shrimpers are catching the occasional halibut in San Pablo Bay and Outside (The OCEAN) the drag boats are scraping up anything that’s coming in the bay.  That sounds like bad news, but with all of this halibut activity I think it’s my turn.  I’m going!

Really predictions don’t mean much. What matters is we get out a little early and give it a shot. You can’t find them if you aren’t out there. 

 I put a few trips on the adventure list. If you are interested call me with your 2-5 man crew and we will make something happen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment