Saturday, June 9, 2012

Blowin’ In The Wind 06/09/2012


 Blowin’ In The Wind
We lost a week of fishing due to the wind and minus tides.  Sometimes you have to know when to say no.
There is no answer blowing in the wind. There’s better stuff to do this week.
  We opted to do some maintenance. I changed the outdrive oil and engine oil and filters. We also cleaned the bilge and bilge pump filters.
  I got a chance to get my gear in order.  Being able to switch our approach is valuable.  Right now is the time of year when you want to be able to Rock cod fish, Salmon troll or Halibut drift.
  With live bait available it opens the doors to some very simple applications.   Shallow folks will say I thought you were the trolling guy.  I think I got the rap as the trolling guy because I get asked questions about it, non- stop!  It’s a complicated halibut tactic that demands a lot of conversation and explanation.
It’s time to drift fish for halibut and get ready for some deep water trolling once we pinpoint the outside bite.
I’m working on my wire line rig and spooling up the 30 pound braid so we can get down to the fish on the North and South Bars. Maybe even Stinson beach or Bolinas.
If you’re serious about fishing you have to pay attention to the little things at the first opportunity.  The opportunities this year have been minimal and a blown out-drive or plugged bilge could make it even worse.
Next week it’s all about the wind.  It stops and we’ll have a ball. 
Here’s where I’ll be
Butts
Crissy, Alcatraz, AI, Bonita Cove, N-S Bars
Salmon
Outside N and South
ROCK COD, outside and up the coast, Get on the close ones before the Party boats wipe them out.
Please Check the top right for dates we are available for charter for June 2012
GOOD LUCK….!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment