Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hard Headed I Guess:

Inserto and friends 8/10/11 halibut from the South Bar
  Sometimes I get the feeling that I’m superman and all I have to do is get my lines in the water and the fish are going to fly in the boat.
   This weekend was one of those humbling situations. It wasn’t so bad. We managed to get the fish we needed to make some happy. The market wasn’t to happy because we caught mostly small halibut. 22 inches to 26” , fishing on the North Bar in real sloppy water. . We caught 8 halibut. for app. 40 pounds of fish.  I didn’t even bring them to the market. I filleted them and stuffed them in my freezer for a few dinners in weeks to come.
   On Thursday I had some customers I haven’t seen in 5 years. They found out I was still fishing and off we went.
 We spent our day salmon fishing.
  We started at Duxbury trolling from Rocky point to DR buoy. We had numerous takes and scraped baits. We hooked 2 fish putting one in the box.  At 230pm I noticed everybody was gone. I made some calls and one buddy (Shim) came back and told me they were at the Channel buoys. I ran out there and in less then ½ hour we were on salmon catching 4 more keepers before the tide died. The bird life and fish out there was far better then the life at Duxbury. I wish we had a few more hours out there. .
  Our success was still one most would be proud of. But my standards are a little bit higher then that.
  I’m definitely not going to fret . We have more days coming up to box more fish and make our customers proud.
  Until Next time, good luck and be safe, it’s only fishing. Live to tell the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment