Sunday, January 22, 2012

The New Year 2012 ( CHANGES )

My Hip has healed fine. Now I'm nursing a prostate problem, I hope, goes away soon. I have been on disability for 2-1/2 months. Right now I'm  getting back to the job that pays the bills at Genentech.  So stressful!
  Anyhow , The sturgeon fishing should only get better with the rain this week.
  To be quite honest, I'm kind of tired of sturgeon . We caught allot this fall and winter. If you have eaten all of your sturgeon and need another, I'll get you out there for another go round.
  My major focus for the next couple of weeks will be stacking the freezer with fresh caught herring for bait. Catching and bagging herring will save on the bait bill , herring is close to $300 a case. Catching it ourselves saves allot of cash.
 I want to get a jump on the Butts. As usual, Ill be the one to get it rolling. As soon as I can get 5-6 halibut in a day I'll open it up to my customers. I'm hoping for a great Halibut season. Say your prayers and show up when its time. We will get a few.
  All I can say is, be patient, eat up what ya got and stay in touch.

  Its a tough time for me right now, I have been off work so long and its tough to get anything other then my normal days off. I don't think we will make the Mcavoy's sturgeon derby this year. My normal days off are Wednesday Thursday and Friday

  I am looking for 2-5 guys to sturgeon fish. My rates will be going up soon. Currently sturgeon fishing rates are as follows. $150 pp for 2 passengers. If you can manage to get 3-5 passengers the rate is $125 per person. Even at that price people still want to negotiate a price.  That is the cheapest in the bay for a small boat charter.

  2 passenger charter will increase to $180pp and 3-5 man charter will be $150 pp.
As most regular passengers know I don't do open loads! Grab a friend or 2 and get on the boat.
  Coming Soon: The calender will be updated as soon as the 2012 tide/calender book is available. The Tide book Co. was sold and another company picked it up. We have been  anxiously waiting for the new BOOK. Its our entire business in one package. Without it we are using 3 tools instead of 1.

I look forward to seeing all the regular fisherman and especially look forward to getting some new groups. In 12 years of Charter boat fishing I have met allot of folks and had allot of great trips. I think of every passenger as part of my family. I love fishing but even more-so I love seeing you get your  fish of a lifetime.

Capt John, BARBARIAN Sportfishing 510-750-4237 

No comments:

Post a Comment